chocolate samosa is perfect dessert for Christmas eve or new year eve party. I am sharing easy chocolate samosa recipe to ensure, you need to spend less time in kitchen and your guest feel delightful. They also got surprised when they found samosa with sweet filling.
when I was planning dessert recipes for Christmas, I don’t wanna make traditional cake or chocolate recipe, but I wanna replicate Indian culture with twist.
You can find another Christmas recipes that is again chocolate recipe : chocolate coconut fudge cups.
So I did research how I can make Indian dessert recipes which I can transform into modern dish. I was looking forward to make twist with traditional halwa recipes. I tried carrot halwa into muffins, but it didn’t work.
Then I was experimenting different stuffing with kaochri also, but It was not tasting wow, that I can sharing with you…
Then, I came with this idea while my little baby girl eating chocolate with roti!!! I tried plain chocolate with samosa, but It had some missing…
Then I have come with this chocolate samosa with some nuts, and it is super good, when my friend ate that, she tell me, It’s better than brownie- ice cream! I think, this the super innovative recipe for Christmas.
How to make chocolate samosa:
This is really easy and fast recipe. To make dough, you need to have some ghee and do the shortening… Use some sugar into dough also. It taste super delicious.
then give a rest for 20 minutes.
for stuffing, I have used dark chocolate, and some nuts, you can use whatever nuts you like. pecans also taste great with it.
knead the dough again and make balls from it.
now roll the roti and make half cut. fold the cone shape and do the filling.
fill with 1 tbsp or more chocolate filling.
Now deep fry them and serve hot!
Avoid Mistakes At First Attempt of Making chocolate samosa recipe
- If you are using dark chocolate, add some sugar into dough to get proper sweetness.
- If you use using milk chocolate or white chocolate then, do not add sugar into dough.
- make a thin layer of samosa,to get proper result.
You can find another innovative lentil samosa recipe also on the blog.
chocolate samosa | how to make chocomosa
- 1 cup refined flour
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp ghee
- half cup dark chocolate
- ⅓ cup almonds roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp pistachios roughly chopped
- oil for frying
- Take flour into bowl; add 1tsp sugar into it. Add 1 tbsp ghee and mix it well into flour. Make breadcrumb like consistency.
- Add 1 tbsp water one by one to knead dough. Cover the dough with we towel and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- For stuffing, take dark chocolate and make small pieces. take them into bowl, add 1 tsp sugar, almonds and pistachios
- After giving rest to dough knead the dough again, Divide the dough into 5-6 pieces of balls.
- Take ball, roll it into your hand, and then roll it using rolling-pin with medium thickness and create 5-6 inch diameter sized roti.
- Cut it into half using knife, divide it into exactly half part.
- With a brush or finger, apply the water on straight edges of it. Fold it in a such way that it take cone like shape. First bring one edge to the center, and bring other edge and place it by overlapping the first one.
- Fill the cone with stuffing. You may required 1 tbsp stuffing.
- Now again brush some water to opened edge and stick well so that it will not open while you frying it.
- Prepare all other samosa in the same way.
- Now heat the oil in frying pan, and fry the samosa at medium heat. You can fry 2-3 samosa at a time. but fry it at medium flame. It will take 5-7 minutes to fry perfectly.
2) You can also use as party appetizers.
3) For warm dessert, this is good option and very creative way to serve Indian Samosa with sweet filling.
Welcome to Veggie Food Recipes! My name is Reena Vyas, former software engineer and now full time Food Blogger. My food blog is the highlight of my passion towards cooking. And by sharing healthy & vegetarian fusion of different cuisines I would like to contribute to the world of veggie food lovers…..!!!!!