Vegetable fried rice recipe is Indo-Chinese dish which contains vegetable saute with rice and some basic Chinese sauces. Fried rice recipes are the one those included in my weekly menus. This veg fried rice is vegan and with Indian touch.
You can also cook vegetable fried rice with leftover rice. Sometime I intentionally cook more rice to cook vegetable fried rice or other recipes. You can find more fried rice recipes like
Especially during the winter, I got green vegetables mostly leafy vegetable in local market. In those green onions or scallions is one of my favorite. almost every alternative day, I visit vegetable market and get all fresh vegetable to get freshness and healthy one veggies.
But you know the biggest disadvantage about winter,there are so many seed vegetables, which increase the labor work to peal all seed vegetables and cut the leafy vegetables.
However, I love to cook with leafy vegetables so I can handle that labor very well.
When you are thinking about easy dinner ideas, fried rice recipes are best suitable and you can do pre-preparation by cooking rice in advance.
Kids will love this, and this is the best way to let them eat vegetable in hidden way. That’s way I cut all vegetable finely. Perfectly suitable vegetable fried rice for toddlers!
How to cook vegetable fried rice recipe:
The ingredients for vegetable fried rice recipe will be of your choice, you can add as many as you like, but to get great taste, I suggest use green onion or scallions to have that Chinese touch.
To cook the fried rice, start with heating the oil into wok or large pan, add ginger and garlic paste into it.
Then add beans, carrots and cabbage first. these vegetables take little more time to cook rather than others.
Then add all other vegetables and cook on high flame for 2-3 minutes.
Fianally add salt-pepper and some sauces.
Then add rice and stir it well… cook for just 2-3 minutes and fried rice is ready to serve.
At last add red chili sauce or tomato ketchup for better taste.
Chinese style fried rice recipe is ready to serve.
Avoid Mistakes At First Attempt of Making vegetable fried rice recipe
- You can add star anise and/or some cloves while cooking the rice.
- I suggest use long grain rice or basmati rice for this recipe
- To give little sweet and tangy taste, you can add 1 tbsp tomato ketch up also.
- Cook this whole recipe on high heat and don’t overcook the vegetable, otherwise it ruined the taste of fried rice recipe.
Vegetable Fried Rice Recipe | How to make easy Chinese Veg Fried Rice
- 1 cup rice
- ½ cup finely chopped beans
- ½ cup finely chopped carrots
- 1 cup finely chopped cabbage
- ⅓ cup red bell pepper
- ⅓ cup green bell pepper
- ⅓ cup yellow bell pepper
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- Half tbsp ginger paste
- Half tbsp garlic paste
- 2 tbsp oil (sesame oil or olive oil)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp pepper powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp red chili sauce
- 1 tsp vinegar (optional)
- Boil 3-4 cups of water in sauce pan, add 1 cup rice and let it cook for 10-15 minutes. Once it is cooked, drain the access water and let it cool down.
- Meanwhile start cutting all vegetables. You can use different vegetables also. But carrot and beans goes perfectly well in this recipe.
- To cook vegetable fried rice, take wok or nonstick pan add 2 tbsp oil into it. once it is heated add ginger and garlic paste and let it cook for say 30 seconds.
- First add carrots, beans and cabbage and let it cook on high heat for 2-3 minutes. Then add all other vegetables like bell papers and onion and let them cook for another 2-3 minutes on high heat.
- Add salt and pepper powder as per your taste.
- Then add soy sauce and red chili sauce. Give a nice stir.
- Finally add cooked rice and mix it well. Cook for just one minutes and your rice is ready to serve.
2) It goes best with some worm soup or some Manchurian gravy or balls.
Welcome to Veggie Food Recipes! My name is Reena Vyas, former software engineer and now full time Food Blogger. My food blog is the highlight of my passion towards cooking. And by sharing healthy & vegetarian fusion of different cuisines I would like to contribute to the world of veggie food lovers…..!!!!!