This Spicy Vegan Falafel Wrap Recipe is an Indian version of very famous middle eastern street food falafel wrap. To give the INDIAN Touch to traditional vegan falafel wrap recipe, I have added some more spices to make it more aromatic and spicy. Here I have mentioned easy and step by step method to make vegan falafel and veggie wraps using it.
First of all, let me ask you one question! Have you ever tasted Falafel??? If you say NO, then my first reaction will be :O :O :O
Don’t worry, Be Calm and Relax. Open google on your phone and type “falafel wrap (in your city)”. Go and grab it, otherwise you might miss best street food from all around the world. Then continue reading this post because you would definitely want to make it at home. 🙂
In case you still have question in you mind that “What is falafel”. You may find basic details here. It was my inspiration too…
I met this super delicious falafel recipe accidently. I was very tired by the photographing of my best creation Green Veg Dum Biryani, I wanted a light dinner at night. Me and my hubby went our favorite sandwich restaurant, I found something “NEW” in the menu. They introduced wraps, and I got the best falafel wrap at that night. It was a very lucky day for me… Traditional Biryani at lunch and international falafel wrap recipe as dinner. 🙂
The very basic vegan falafel wrap ingredients are chickpeas, cilantro, onions, garlic, cumin. But I have added some more spices like peppercorns, cinnamon, cloves and cayenne (red chili powder). No need to boil the chickpeas.
Just blend all ingredients into the food processor and add some flour to give binding.
Give a shape you like, and fry them. Easy and tasty falafel ready in just 30 minutes.
You can have those fried falafel with dip or sauce or chutney. The side dish may be varied by contries. You can choose any Indian chutney. I had my magical green chutney.
But to make warp from it, you need some fresh salad in the form of tomato, onion and capsicum and some sauce or chutney, tortilla.. I have used Indian flat bread (roti or chappati). Super healthy and complete food…
So, friends, readers, I make sure your weekend will surely have this super delicious, yummy, colourful spicy falafel warp.
Avoid Mistakes At First Attempt of Making Vegan Falafel Wrap Recipe
- Do not use boiled chickpeas.
- You can also bake it. But for baking use proper temperature to cook it perfectly from inside.
- Some amount of baking soda or baking powder is a must.
- To make wrap, use flour torilla.
Vegan Falafel Wrap Recipe With Indian Touch
- 1 cup chickpeas, soaked overnight
- ½ cup cilantro or coriander
- 4 tbsp finely chopped onion
- 4-5 cloves of garlic
- 4-5 tbsp flour
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- ½ tsp pepper corn
- 4 cloves
- Small piece of cinnamon
- Salt to taste
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 8 small tortilla or Indian flat bread- roti or chappati or plain paratha
- 1 cup green chutney
- 1 tomato, slacied
- 1 onion, julienne
- 1 /2 green bell pepper, julienne
- Pinch of salt.
- Grind all the ingredients together, till smooth paste. Do not use water.
- Add flour, so you can bind the mixture into some shape. If you don't need any flour, then avoid it.
- Fry the all falafel at very low heat. It will take time to cook perfectly.
- To assemble the wrap, first take a tortilla, spread green chutney, add some veggies like tomato, onion, capsicum, put falafel.
- Now fold them, cook in skillet with some butter. You can serve it as hot or cold
2) It goes best with flour tortilla.
Welcome to Veggie Food Recipes! My name is Reena Vyas, former software engineer and now full time Food Blogger. My food blog is the highlight of my passion towards cooking. And by sharing healthy & vegetarian fusion of different cuisines I would like to contribute to the world of veggie food lovers…..!!!!!