Veg Mexican Fried Rice – Cooked rice tossed with kidney beans, corns, peppers and seasoned with some ordinary spices like salt and cayenne pepper powder.
Vegetable Fried Rice dish can be defined as cooked or steamed rice stir-fried or tossed in vegetables and protein. The onion-capsicum fried rice is my Indian version of vegetable fried rice.
This Veg Mexican fried rice can be made only in 15 minutes and is the best vegetarian version among all cuisines fried rice recipe.
Traditional Mexican fried rice is typically cooked in tomato purée and it is slow cooker recipe. It also has some liquid like consistency, but it also looks like risotto ( you can say Khichadi in Indian style 😉 )
This is great throw together in mid days week and you can also make it with leftover rice. You left rice during night, so you can soak the kidney beans or black beans for next day lunch or brunch or even for lunch-box. You can also use canned beans. It also works.
The key of this recipe is nothing. This is so easy to make also just 15 minutes recipe. You can add any veggies you like. I made Mexican version of fried rice, then beans and corn may add best flavor of Mexican cuisine.
How to make Mexican Fried Rice?
you just need to cook garlic and onion into butter till onions translucent. Then add tomato and green bell pepper. And just cook for a while.
Then add all boiled veggies like corn and beans. Give a stir and add basic seasoning of salt and red chili powder. Let it cook so all vegetables get that flavour.
Add tomato ketchup at last. But if you are using tomato puree then add it with beans, so raw tomato puree will cook. Give a final touch with vinegar. I found Mexican cuisine is super savory and spicy.
Add steamed rice and give a nice toss. Let it cook for just 2 more minutes… your fried rice is ready to eat!!! You can serve it ad hot or cold.
You can also store it in air-tight container for 2 days.
So, super fast, super versatile and delicious one pot meal is defiantly waiting for adding into your weekly menu…
Avoid Mistakes at First Attempt of Making Veg Mexican Fried Rice
- Use pre-cooked rice. This will make cooking process faster.
- The amount of beans and all other veggies can be varied as per your taste.
- This recipe is spicier, so you can balance the spiciness by adding sugar or adjust the red chili powder.
- You can also use ready-made enchilada sauce for this recipe.
Mexican Fried Rice Recipe
- 2 cup cooked rice
- 1 cup kidney beans or black beans, soaked and boiled
- 1 cup corn, boiled
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- ½ cup finely cup tomato
- ½ cup green bell pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp butter
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp tomato ketchup or tomato puree
- 1 tbsp cayenne pepper powder or red chilli powder (adjust according to your taste)
- ½ tsp vinegar
- Heat the skillet on high flame and add butter. Add garlic and onion and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Then add green pepper and tomatoes and let it cook for another 3 minutes.
- Then add corn and beans and give a nice stir. Add seasoning at this stage. Add salt, red chili powder, tomato ketchup and vinegar. Cook for another 3 minutes.
- Finally add rice and mix it well. Let it cook for just 2 minutes.
- Mexican fried rice is ready to serve.
2) This fried rice can be used as enchilada stuffing of even for stuffed bell peppers.
Welcome to Veggie Food Recipes! My name is Reena Vyas, former software engineer and now full time Food Blogger. My food blog is the highlight of my passion towards cooking. And by sharing healthy & vegetarian fusion of different cuisines I would like to contribute to the world of veggie food lovers…..!!!!!