Spicy Potato wedges are the all-rounder recipe which can use as individual dish or as side dish or best party appetizer. Different types of potato wedges either fried or baked have their own version country by country.
This potato wedges recipe has nothing to do with my fusion recipe collection. I am not trying to make any Non-Indian Recipe with Indian touch. This is pure and divine recipe, because it’s from my husband’s childhood favorites…
He lived in very small town during his childhood, and in that town, there was one food truck which served only two breakfast recipes, and spicy potato wedges is among them. They called them potato chips!
He is still running the same food truck with same recipes. It’s been more than 30 years, and my husband is still visiting those chips though that town is 300 km away from our living city. He is real foodie!!!
I was first introduced by it after our marriage. It was first weekend after our marriage, and he said let’s have long ride to see my hometown. I said I am not big fan of potato, but he said, this is my favorite snack, and when I tasted I also feel why he has special connection with it!
These potato wedges are not too crispy, not too modern, I am not trying to make make like restaurant type. But this potato wedges is special recipe that make me potato fan!!!
No doubt, it has Indian touch because I am using some typical Indian spices, but trust me this recipe will make you potato fan just like me!!!
I wanna recreate taste of that food truck, so I have asked for that masala paste used by that food truck chef, but he wanted to keep it secret. So, I trust my taste buds, and this homemade spicy potato wedge recipe is invented. My foodie hubby approved also!
How to cook Spicy and fried Potato Wedges:
Start with cutting the potato into wedges.
For half boiling process, boil the water with some salt. once it’s started boiling, add wedges and cook for just 2-3 minutes.
Once it is boiled, add immediately into ice-cold water to stop cooking process.
Use the kitchen towel to wipe all wedges before frying it.
Then fry all the potato wedges, till golden brown. It may required 5-7 minutes…
Take all wedges into mixing bowl, add all the spices and mix them well.
Add lemon juice while you wanna serve it.
Your non crispy potato wedges are ready to eat!!!
Avoid Mistakes At First Attempt of Making Spicy Potato Wedges
- You can also avoid the boiling process, but it will increase the cooking time while you frying it.
- Please wipe the wedges before frying it, it will make it crispy.
- These potato wedges are not crispy as we are adding lime juice it will became soggy.
- Please serve it hot, and at the serving time add lime juice.
Spicy Potato Wedges Recipe | how to make Indian style spicy potato wedges
- 4-5 medium potatoes
- oil for frying
- salt to taste
- For Masala:
- 1 tsp pav bhaji masala
- ½ tsp coriander powder
- ½ tsp chili powder
- Pinch of garam masala
- Pinch of salt
- ½ tbsp lemon juice
- Wash the potatoes and wipe them with kitchen towel.
- Cut the potato in half and then again cut them in half to make quarters, then cut each half in half on the diagonal to make total 8 wedges from one medium size potato
- Meanwhile boil he 4 cups of water, once it's starting to boil add salt. then add all the wedges and cook for 2-3 minutes, not more than that.
- Transfer the boiled wedges into ice cold water, let them sit for 5 minutes.
- Then again wipe them with kitchen towel before frying.
- Finally heat the oil, and boil the wedges till golden brown.
- Take all wedges into bowl and all masalas into it expect lemon juice. Add lemon juice while you wanna serve. You can avoid lemon juice if you want more crispy wedges because lemon juice will make wedges soggier, but it taste DAM DELICIOUS!!!
2) These potato wedges goes best with ketchup and some tangy mayo, but according to me yogurt is the best partner for it.
3) It goes best as tea time snack.
Welcome to Veggie Food Recipes! My name is Reena Vyas, former software engineer and now full time Food Blogger. My food blog is the highlight of my passion towards cooking. And by sharing healthy & vegetarian fusion of different cuisines I would like to contribute to the world of veggie food lovers…..!!!!!