Pav Bhaji Pasta Recipe is fusion of Indian street food Pav Bhaji with Italian pasta. How about Some continental with Indian Touch! I have come up with this Idea 2 years ago, but I am struggling to get taste of both worlds. And this time I got success and I am willing to share this recipe with Indian food lover.
Since Last 2 years, there are so many restaurants are open with fusion recipes in my town, Ahmadabad. I tried Pab bhaji fondue last month in very popular restaurant in my town, so I was inspired by their menu and wanted to give a try to my old pav bhaji pasta recipe.
In my family, apart from me, No one is fan of pasta. I mostly eat pasta at restaurant, but since I successfully cooked this recipe, everyone has started to love pasta. They are asking for more fusion recipe with pasta now.
You know the best part of this recipe? This is simplest pasta recipe ever! Even kids can make it! YES! Just three ingredients!!!
You just need some leftover pav bhaji. We all are so abased with pav bhaji. So when I cook it I make it double in quantity. Very next day, everyone again have it in lunch or sometimes as breakfast. That was the leftover to experiment with fusion recipes. I have tried some fondue but it is still in process.
There are so many ideas are running currently in my mind for recipes using leftover pav bhaji. I am so ready to give a try. But I have to wait for next pav bhaji menus.
I have started new section “4-ways” in my blog since last two months. You can find so many same recipes with different ways. This will help you to plan weekly menus.
Many more to come…
How to cook Pav bhaji pasta
Take 1 cup pasta. you can have any shape of pasta for this recipe. Boil the 2 glasses of water into sauce pan, add salt and oil. and cook the pasta.
Then take leftover pav bhaji into grinder. add 1 cup water and make sauce from it.
For cooking the pasta, add 2 cubes of butter, and sauce into pan. to get proper sauce thickness add more water if needed. I have added 1 cup water more. to get good texture.
season with more pav bhaji masala and adjust the sat.
Finally add cheese and melt it into sauce. then add pasta and serve hot with some fresh coriander and onions.
Serve hot or cold, you will love it…
Avoid Mistakes At First Attempt of Making Pav Bhaji Pasta
- This is mild version, you can add more chili powder or pav bhaji powder of you prefer more chili in your recipe
- Adjust the consistency by adding water little by little. Otherwise you will have more watery sauce for pasta.
- Adjust the salt as you are adding water into the sauce. cheese is also has salt, so add little, taste it and adjust it.
Pav Bhaji Pasta | how to make Indian Pasta using leftover Pav Bhaji
- 1 cup pasta (without boiling), boiled with salt and oil
- 1 cup pav bhaji (either leftover or fresh)
- 50 gm processed cheese, grated
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp pav bhaji masala
- If you are using fresh pav bhaji, then cool down completely. Take leftover pav bhaji into mixture jar, add 1 cup water and grind it to smooth sauce
- Boil he pasta with some salt and oil.
- Heat the pan, add 1 tbsp butter, add pav bhaji sauce, and cook it. add more water to get good runny consistency.
- Add processed cheese and cook till cheese is melted into sauce. Then adjust the salt and add 1 tsp pav bhaji masala.
- Finally add the pasta, and give a nice stir. you are ready to eat this fusion recipe for sure.
2) Good recipe for kid's lunchbox.
Welcome to Veggie Food Recipes! My name is Reena Vyas, former software engineer and now full time Food Blogger. My food blog is the highlight of my passion towards cooking. And by sharing healthy & vegetarian fusion of different cuisines I would like to contribute to the world of veggie food lovers…..!!!!!