Palak puri or spinach puri – In order to make crispy palak puri, simply add chopped spinach leaves along with some ordinary species into wheat floor. Relish the deep fried palak puri with tea time snack and have healthy breakfast with your favorite beverages.
Puri is deep -fried Indian bread, commonly available in two types of texture: either the crispy one or the smooth one like roti or paratha.
Puri is generally prepared with the refined flour or whole wheat flour basically combined with salt and lots of variations. You can add some dry spices and make some masala puries. Some vegetables either in puree form or finely chopped can be added into puri dough.
Puri is mostly served as breakfast. The famous breakfast known in North Indian is puri and potato bhaji (curry).
What about some crispy palak puri??? I found that to make palak puri, mostly spinach puree is used… I made the crispy version that can be used as snacks.
This recipe is from my friend, one day I came there, and I helped her to make this spinach puri. I loved it… So, very few ingredients and you get great taste!!!
How to make Spinach Puri:
You need fresh spinach leaves for this recipe. Finely chopped spinach is required to prepare this recipe.
I avoid the all purpose flour (maida) to make it more healthy. Take wheat flour, add ghee (not oil), and chilli-ginger paste. And yeah, balance the salt as per your taste…
Then add finely chopped spinach into flour, and try to make dough without adding water. I only used 5-6 tbsp water to make dough.
Make some hard dough. And once you knead the dough, immediately make the puri out of it… Don’t give rest to dough.
Then roll out the puri as per medium size, use some flour to avoid sticking. And one after one fry them immediately. Fry on very low flame to give nice crispy texture.
You can enjoy this snack with tea or morning breakfast.
Avoid Mistakes at First Attempt of Making Palak Puri
- I have used wheat flour to make puri. You can use all purpose flour (maida) or both to make same recipe
- Do not use oil; add ghee or butter to make it more crispy.
- Use very finely chopped spinach to make this puri.
- Try to make dough without adding water. Do more kneading and try to create hard dough. Make sure that the dough is firm and tight & not too watery. Otherwise it will be difficult to roll out puris.
- Do not give rest to dough, use immediately to roll out puri.
- Fry on very low flame of gas, otherwise your puri become soggy.
- You can also add toasted sesame seeds
Palak Puri | How to make Crispy Spinach Puri Sanck
- 3 cup wheat flour
- 2 cup finely chopped spinach
- 2 tbsp ginger- chilli paste
- 3 tbsp ghee or butter
- Salt to taste
- Wash the finely chopped spinach, and let it dry,
- Take wheat flour, add salt, ghee, ginger- chilli paste and mix them well.
- Now add spinach and neat well to create dough without adding water. I used only 4-5 tbsp water to make dough. Make hard dough from it.
- Do not give rest to dough, immediate roll out the medium sized puri form it. Roll out the thin puri. Meanwhile heat the oil for frying.
- Then fry puri on very low flame. It may take more time, but it is required to give crispiness to puri. Fry till it turns golden brown.
- Once it cools down completely, store it into air tight container.
2) You can store this puri for 1 week in air tight container at room temparature.
Welcome to Veggie Food Recipes! My name is Reena Vyas, former software engineer and now full time Food Blogger. My food blog is the highlight of my passion towards cooking. And by sharing healthy & vegetarian fusion of different cuisines I would like to contribute to the world of veggie food lovers…..!!!!!