Kachumber salad is also known as cucumber Tomato Onion Salad which is spiced with basic Indian spices like salt, red chili powder and chat masala.
Kachumber name itself states that all three basic vegetables (tomato onion and cucumber) are chopped with lime salt and chili powder dressing.
Kachumber salad is served as side dish with Indian dals, curry and rice. It can also used over burger and also with sandwiches. It is super easy, quick and delicious.
I almost didn’t want to share this recipe as it is super easy and basic one. But through social media, I found that it’s way too popular as INDIAN SALAD. So why not to give a chance?
I grow up with this familiar word kachumber, as my father always asks for kachumber during everyday lunch. Somehow you forget to make any salad, he make kachumber salad by himself in middle of lunch.
My dad is salad person! NO! I don’t mean that he always eats salad as lunch or dinner, but he habitually wants salad as side dish either at lunch or at dinner.
So, I am salad person like him. I can’t eat lunch without salad, if I never find time to make salad at lunch time; I just cut tomato and sprinkle some chat masala over it. It’s my best shot to create fastest salad all the time.
Indian food is always surplus with oil, so all basic salad never uses any kind of oil into salad which is going to serve as side dish.
So, Kachumber Salad is
easy to make,
with low calories and
provide you a good nutritional shot.
How to make Kachumber salad:
Start by chopping all vegetables.
At the time of serving add all the spices
Then enjoy this Summer salad with coolness of cucumber and tanginess of chat masala.
Avoid Mistakes at First Attempt of Making Kachumber salad
- Basic vegetables are tomato, cucumber and onion, but you can skip or add more vegetable if you like. I prefer less onion in this salad recipe.
- Basic spices are salt, chili powder and lemon. But I prefer to add chat masala to have tangy taste
- You can add roasted cumin powder, its go well with Kachumber.
- Just make sure that eat salad immediately after adding all the spices.
Kachumber salad | Cucumber Tomato Onion Salad
- 2 medium tomatoes finely chopped
- 2 small cucumbers finely chopped
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- Pinch of red chili powder
- Pinch of chat masala
- Half of lemon juice
- Cut all three vegetables finely, and mix them into bowl
- Add some salt, red chili powder, chat masala, lemon juice.
- Mix well and serve immediately.
- Garnish with some freshly chopped coriander leaves.
Welcome to Veggie Food Recipes! My name is Reena Vyas, former software engineer and now full time Food Blogger. My food blog is the highlight of my passion towards cooking. And by sharing healthy & vegetarian fusion of different cuisines I would like to contribute to the world of veggie food lovers…..!!!!!