Cauliflower Tikka Masala is super delicious recipes among all curries I have ever tried! This is perfect and authentic way to make cauliflower tikka masala.
There are some easier and quick recipes are also available in social media to give a try. But the TASTE you will get after eating this cauliflower tikka masala, you will always make little bit extra effort for making this recipe.
Some authentic recipes can never be replaced with some easy or quick method to get same results. You may find this recipe is more complicated but you will satisfied it with taste and defiantly give a try.
This recipe includes 2 recipes. Cauliflower cooks separately and added to masala gravy. And the tikka masala gravy is best tikka masala sauce I have ever cooked. After more than one trial, I got success to make tikka masala gravy that can be cooked as preparation and also stored more than 3-4 days in fridge.
Now-a-days, chicken tikka masala is becoming more popular worldwide. I wanted to make vegetarian version with paneer or tofu but that is more common in my city. So, I tried to add some veggies like onion, capsicum and tomato but it will not goes good with gravy. We all know, paneer tikka very popular starter dish which is mouth watering and has smoky flavour. I tried to create same taste with cauliflower and I successes to get perfect crunchy taste and juicy flavor of all spices.
This cauliflower Tikka Masala is
and finger licking
Curry recipe that will amaze you with authentic Indian Touch!
How to make cauliflower tikka masala:
Let’s start with cooking cauliflower in oven.
For marinating, Take curd and all other ingredients together, and mix it well.
Then add 1 tbsp oil and some lime juice.
Add cauliflower pieces and marinate for at least 20 minutes. Longer you marinate, will get better taste.
Now preheat oven at 200 degree, and bake them for 15-20 minutes. Then again toast for 5 minutes at 220 degree.
For making masala gravy, heat the oil into pan, add bay leaf and onions.
Then add ginger and garlic paste and cook for 1-2 minutes.
Finally add tomato puree and cook till all water will be evaporated and oil is started to release. Mean while add salt as per taste.
Then add all spices, and little bit of sugar to balance the sourness of tomatoes.
Then add some water and cashew paste to get desired constituency. Switch off the flame and add dry fenugreek leaves at last.
Your masala gravy is ready. You can add baked cauliflower and serve with Rice or Plain Paratha
Avoid Mistakes At First Attempt of Making Cauliflower Tikka Masala Recipe
- For marinating, cut the cauliflower in large floaters. It may take more time in cooking oven but it give little crunch in this recipe
- Marinate for at least 20 minutes, which helps cauliflower to absorb more spices from mixture.
- While cooking in oven, preheat the oven at 200 degree and first bake for 15-20 minutes till cauliflower looks to be cooked. Then taste it at 220 degree for 5 minutes to get crust and BBQ effect.
Cauliflower Tikka Masala Recipe
- For Cauliflower Tikka
- 200 gm cauliflower cut into large floaters
- 3 tbsp hung curd
- 2 tbsp chickpea four (besan or corn flour)
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- ½ tsp dry mango powder
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp oil (mustard oil will give best result)
- half lemon juice
- For Masala Gravy
- 2 cups tomato puree
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tbsp ginger paste
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt to taste
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp sugar
- Half cup cashew paste
- Half cup water
- 1 tsp dry fenugreek leaves (kasuri methi)
- In a large mixing bowl, take hung curd and add other ingredients for tikkla masala and mix then well all together and make marination for cauliflower.
- Take cauliflower floaters into that marination and make sure all cover with mixture. Give a rest for at least 20 minutes
- Then take a baking tray and spread cauliflower into tray and grease with some more oil or butter.
- bake 15-20 minutes in reheated oven at 200 degrees and toast another 5 minutes at 220 degree
- For making gravy, take 2 tbsp oil into pan, add one bay leaf and onions. And let the onion cooked for 2-3 minutes on high heat.
- Then add ginger and garlic paste and mix it well with onions. Then add tomato puree and cook till all water will be evaporated and oil is separated, meanwhile add salt as per taste
- Once tomato cooks perfectly, add half cup water and half cup cashew paste, mix it well and cook for another 3-4 minutes. Then add all other spices like red chili powder, garam masala and turmeric powder.
- 1 tsp sugar will balance the sourness of tomatoes. add some dry fenugreek leaves at last and your gravy is ready.
- Serve cauliflower tikka with masala gravy and it will be a great pairing with rice or paratha.
2) You can have it as lunchbox recipe with some mixed herb rice.
Welcome to Veggie Food Recipes! My name is Reena Vyas, former software engineer and now full time Food Blogger. My food blog is the highlight of my passion towards cooking. And by sharing healthy & vegetarian fusion of different cuisines I would like to contribute to the world of veggie food lovers…..!!!!!