Golden Milk Chia Pudding is my summer drink version of Indian Golden Milk also known as Turmeric Milk which had been gaining popularity in western countries now-a-days.
Golden milk is specially made in winter to have warm and cozy feeling in cold weather. Its extra ordinary benefits attract people from all around the word.
As I am fond of golden milk since my childhood, I wanted to have part of my girl’s daily routine too. She always has breakfast with golden milk and I am so satisfied with this habit. But during summer, you can’t have that hot golden milk as soothing.
So, I made the golden milk and combine with some chia seed and dry fruits. And trust me, this is super innovative idea to have cold version of golden milk.
By now, I must say you all know how TURMERIC is beneficial to you! And you can make best delicious and quick recipe that is golden milk.
It name contains GOLDEN. Do you know why? Not just because of its color but also because of its health benefits. Let me list down some for you.
- Key ingredients of golden milk are loaded with Antioxidants.
- Improve your brain function and memory functions.
- reduces the risk of cancer
- Ginger improves your metabolism
And many more…
How to make golden milk?
Bright yellow Golden milk is traditionally made by heating milk (mostly cow milk or law fat milk) with turmeric powder, dry ginger powder and some more slices like cinnamon. You need to boil the milk by adding at least turmeric and ginger powder. That is basic version.
To sweeten, you can have so many options. You can use maple syrup, some white sugar or honey.
In winter, this is the best bedtime drink before going into sleep. This will help to soothing and have a best good night sleep.
In summer, we all have bowl of ice cream as ritual. It’s part of life. Here, I have come with best and healthiest solution to replace ice cream with this golden milk chia seeds smoothie.
You can find another Chia seeds Smoothie Chocolate Banana Smoothie here.
This smoothie has benefits of golden milk and also coolness of chi seeds to beat the summer burns.
As, summer hits around 45 degree yesterday, my little girl keeps asking for ice cream, but as her mother, I was thinking for healthy options, and also she had flu, so I have been thinking about some golden milk option, Then, I have came up with this chia smoothie idea, and she loved it.
How to make Golden Milk Chia Pudding Recipe:
You need to soak chia seeds for at least 2 hours. Overnight will be fine.
Boil the milk in pan and add turmeric powder, cardamom ponds, ginger powder into milk and let it bring to the boil.
You can add sweeter as per your choice. I have added 1 tbsp sugar, you can add honey. The taste of cinnamon will enhance the flavour.
Then let it cool down completely. then serve with chia seeds and have some your favourite nuts.
Avoid mistakes At First Attempt of Making Golden Milk Chia Pudding
- Turmeric has bitter taste. If you have never tried turmeric milk, then start with small amount of turmeric into your smoothie. Once you are accustomed to taste then start adding more.
- Boil the milk with turmeric powder properly. Turmeric doesn’t dissolve into liquid, so if you are using it in cold milk, it simply sits at bottom of your glass, and you just have thick layer of it at last sip.
- Soak the chia seeds for 2 hours minimum. Overnight soaking will be fine
Golden Milk Chia Pudding | Turmeric Milk Smoothie
- half liter milk
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- ¼ tsp dry ginger powder
- pinch of cinnamon
- 1 tbsp sugar (1 tbsp honey)
- 2-4 cardamom ponds
- • Soak the chia seeds for at least 2 hours.
- • Heat the milk in pan, and add turmeric powder, ginger powder and cardamom ponds.
- • Let it boil for 5-7 minutes.
- • Then let it cools down completely
- • Once it cools down, add milk into serving glass and add some chia seeds into it. I have added 3-4 tbsp soaked chia seeds.
- • You can have it with your favorite nuts like almonds and walnuts.
2) You can have it some ice cream on top.
3) Some dry fruit powder also goes best with this drink.
Welcome to Veggie Food Recipes! My name is Reena Vyas, former software engineer and now full time Food Blogger. My food blog is the highlight of my passion towards cooking. And by sharing healthy & vegetarian fusion of different cuisines I would like to contribute to the world of veggie food lovers…..!!!!!