Chinese samosa Recipe is another variation for traditional Samosa recipe. I would love to introduce the most innovative way to eat noodle as appetisers!
Serve this Chinese samosa with schezwan sauce or chili garlic sauce as an party appetiser or tea time snacks for kitty parties.
I have been looking for some blast in my kitchen since my second innings after my 2 years little daughter. I did not have time to do some experiments like I have done before. I miss my Italian days (when I cooked lasagne for the first time), Mexican days (Delicious tacos, stuffed bell peppers), fusion days (innovative oreo desserts). It was personal time as MYSELF – food blogger.
That’s the reason, I was very nervous when I was trying Chinese samosa at home. Actually I was not planning to make it, I was looking forward to cook Chinese spring rolls, but I didn’t get pastry sheets in my area.
I had all ingredients for it, so I decided to make Samosa instead of roll form it. during the afternoon, I started to cook it, and once I finished, my door knocked by my neighbour. She asked “Are you cooking or something because I got this amazing smell from your house”. She tasted my Chinese samosa and she loved it.
It raised my confidence so more that next day I cook them again and did photography. I can have more fusion days and more innovative days in my kitchen now…
You can find another innovative Samosa Recipes also:
So, what are you waiting for! Try this delicious and super satisfying Chinese Samosa Recipe and have blast too!!!
How to cook Chinese samosa:
This is really easy and fast recipe. To make dough, you need to have some ghee and do the shortening…
Then give a rest for 20 minutes. Start cutting vegetables for stuffing.
For stuffing, heat the pan and add ginger and garlic paste. coo for while and add carrot, beans and capsicums first.
Let it cook for 1-2 minutes in high flame, and then add scallions and cabbage.
Finally add some salt and pepper and soy sauce with noodle, mix them well and your stuffing is ready. let it cool down.
and nead the dough again and make balls from it.
now roll the roti and make half cut. fold the cone shape.
Fill it with around 1 tbsp of stuffing.
Your Chinese samosa is ready to serve.
Avoid Mistakes At First Attempt of Making Chinese Samosa
- Try to use sticky noodles. While boiling the noodles do not add oil. let it be sticky.
- you can add as many veggies as you like. there are no specific measurements for vegetables.
- For more tangy and spicy filling, you can have red chilli sauce or schezwan sauce into it.
- For dough:
- 1 cup refined flour
- 1 tbsp oil
- pinch of salt
- water to knead dough
- For Stuffing:
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 cup boiled noodles or spaghetti
- ⅓ cup green onions or scallions
- ⅓ cup green bell peppers finely cut
- ⅓ cup green beans finely cut
- ½ cup cabbage finely cut
- ⅓ cup carrot finely cut
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- salt to taste
- ½ tsp pepper powder
- 1 tsp tomato ketchup(optional)
- oil for frying
- Take flour into bowl; add salt into it. Add 1 tbsp ghee and mix it well into flour. Make breadcrumb like consistency.
- Add 1 tbsp water one by one to knead dough. Cover the dough with wet towel and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- For stuffing, heat the oil into pan, add ginger and garlic paste and cook for 20 seconds. add vegetables and cook them on high flame.
- Add noodles. and mix them well. Season with salt and pepper. Add 1 tbsp soy sauce. you can add tomato ketch up and some chili sauce also.
- After giving rest to dough knead the dough again, Divide the dough into 5-6 pieces of balls.
- Take ball, roll it into your hand, and then roll it using rolling-pin with medium thickness and create 5-6 inch diameter sized roti.
- Cut it into half using knife; divide it into exactly half part.
- With a brush or finger, apply the water on straight edges of it. Fold it in such way that it takes cone like shape. First bring one edge to the center, and bring other edge and place it by overlapping the first one.
- Fill the cone with stuffing. You may require 1 tbsp stuffing.
- Now again brush some water to opened edge and stick well so that it will not open while you frying it.
- Prepare all other samosa in the same way.
- Now heat the oil in frying pan, and fry the samosa at medium heat. You can fry 2-3 samosa at a time. But fry it at medium flame. It will take 5-7 minutes to fry perfectly.
2) You can also use as party appetizers.
Welcome to Veggie Food Recipes! My name is Reena Vyas, former software engineer and now full time Food Blogger. My food blog is the highlight of my passion towards cooking. And by sharing healthy & vegetarian fusion of different cuisines I would like to contribute to the world of veggie food lovers…..!!!!!