Chapati Noodles are super innovative way to have healthy, easy, quick and delicious breakfast. I never tried chapati noodles before as I was wondering this is tedious and time consuming recipe. Why spending too much time to use just leftover? If you are thinking like me, YOU ARE WAY TOO WRONG!
This is worth to give effort to have healthy breakfast in fastest way! Trust me, everyone will love this chapati noodles and no one ever complains about taste at all.
As an Indian, our meal doesn’t complete without roti or rice. Even for party or special get together, either our menu is rice based or roti based or sometime both.
That’s the reason that we all have more leftover chapati and every woman has to deal with it by making it more interesting. Some are making sweet chapati ladoo or sometimes you just fry it by sprinkling some salt and pepper.
When I was kid, I just ate leftover chapati with some pickles only. There are no other ways to eat them. But during my teenage, I am more aware about health issue. I got lots of pimples and I was told by doctor to avoid spicy and oily food especially pickle.
That’s the time; my journey starts about how to use leftover chapati or roti. I tried to eat raw with just tea. But it was worst idea. Then I went my aunt’s house during my summer vacation, I learned some innovative ways to use it. She makes curry out of chapati. I was shocked by eating that.
Honestly speaking, I was not convinced by that curry. I didn’t like it. But that give me Idea to have savory breakfast using chapati.
It was 10 years before!!! I tried to make it like poha recipe. But it left too much oil. Again I was fail. I kept trying, but still in search of good use of it.
After I started my blog, Internet helps me to have some innovative ideas. I leaned some chinese recipes from internet. I used to be using some noodles in this recipe. But I out of pasta or noodles at time of cooking, But I has some leftover roti, I decided to use them. I made chapati noodles at time of evening snack, and nobody noticed about chapati in the recipe. Everyone in my family just loved it. And after we finished all, my husband asked me were there all vegetables??? I explained, he told me “…..” 🙂
Please share this chapati noodles with your family, I am 100% sure they will love them. Happy cooking!!!
How to make chapati noodles?
Let’s start by cutting all the veggies.
Roll out the chapati and cut it like noodles shape.
Meanwhile heat the oil, and ginger – garlic paste.
Then add all vegetables and cook them on high flame for about 2-4 minutes Do not overcook them
at last add seasoning and chapati noodles.
Serve hot with some cold drinks or smoothie.
Avoid Mistakes at First Attempt of Making chapati noodles
- You can use as many vegetables as you like.
- To get more spicy version, add more schezwan sauce into it.
- Do not overcook the vegetables; it will ruin the crunchiness about this recipe.
- You can use fresh or leftover chapati also. Even you can fry that cut chapatti before adding with vegetables.
Chapati Noodle Recipe | Leftover Chapati Recipes
- 5 leftover chapati
- half cup sliced onions
- ⅓ cup carrot juliennes
- ⅓ cup green bell peppers (you can have any colored bell peppers)
- 1 cup cabbage shredded
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp schezwan sauce (more for spicy)
- Cut all vegetables in juliennes. You can grate them also.
- For chapati, roll out the chapati and cut into thinly, to get noodle like shapes.
- Heat the pan, add oil, and ginger garlic paste. Sauté for a while and add sliced onions.
- After that add all vegetables and cook for 2-3 minutes on high flame.
- Then do the seasoning, add soy sauce, schezwan sauce, salt and mix it well into vegetables.
- Finally add chapati noodles and stir well. Cook for just 1 minutes and serve immediately.
2) For kids, lunchbox, this is the best way to eat vegetable with chapati.
Welcome to Veggie Food Recipes! My name is Reena Vyas, former software engineer and now full time Food Blogger. My food blog is the highlight of my passion towards cooking. And by sharing healthy & vegetarian fusion of different cuisines I would like to contribute to the world of veggie food lovers…..!!!!!