Chapati ladoo or roti ladoo is the fastest way to use leftover chapati or roti. Have some leftover roti, add jaggery and ghee and mix them together, your instant churma ladoo is ready to eat! This churma ladoo comes handy whenever you are craving for something sweet and out of time. You can use fresh roti for this recipe also. Cool down fresh roti completely before making powder from it.
For kids this is the best way to get energised. Mothers are always complains about food and heath. If your kids have sweet tooth then this the best way to eat roti and have some energy forms ghee and jaggery.
You can use it as lunchbox for kids and I am sure they love it.
As an Indian, our meal doesn’t complete without roti or rice. Even for party or special get together, either our menu is rice based or roti based or sometime both.
I have seen the change that during my childhood, whenever guest coming, my mom used to make poori and some fritters with regular meal. But since life style changed from pure home cooking to partial, guest always avoid spicy and oily food.
Therefore, now during any get to gather, we ask for roti instead of poori or any fired snacks. Even in wedding menu, rotis are always preferred.
That’s the reason that I am now more ware about how to use leftover roti or chapatti. No one likes leftover roti as it is. You have to deal with it by making it more interesting.
But chapatti loadoo is coming in my mind first as I am BIG fan of it since my childhood. My grandmother used to make them for me. She make course powder from roti by herself (we didn’t have mixture jar or grinder) and mix jaggery and ghee and make 2 ladoo for me. I never share them with anyone.
I am gonna share more than one leftover chapati recipes, but this must be the first one. I hope you will try it.
How to make Chapati Ladoo in 10 Minutes
Take chapati into mixture jar and make course paste from it.
First add jaggery, mix it well with roti and then add ghee.
Then roll out ladoo as per your favourite sizes…
Avoid Mistakes at First Attempt of Making Chapati Ladoo
- Do not over churn the chapatti. Make some rough powder from it.
- If your roti made from all purpose flour then this recipe will not work. Best goes with whole wheat flour chapatti or roti.
- Adjust jaggery as per your taste. First add 1 tbsp then add according to sweetness you prefer.
- Use ghee at room temperature. Melted ghee will not work.
Chapati Ladoo in 10 Minutes | Leftover Roti Recipe
- 4 leftover chapati
- 2 tbsp jaggery
- 1 tbsp ghee
- Take all the leftover roti into mixure jar. Do not make fine powder. just roughly grind it.
- Add jeggery and mix it well. Then add ghee and mix it also, make small or medium sized round balls from it.
2) Fastest way to eat leftover chapati
3) For kid's lunchbox, this is the best idea if your kids have sweet tooth.
Welcome to Veggie Food Recipes! My name is Reena Vyas, former software engineer and now full time Food Blogger. My food blog is the highlight of my passion towards cooking. And by sharing healthy & vegetarian fusion of different cuisines I would like to contribute to the world of veggie food lovers…..!!!!!