Beetroot paratha is smartest way to feed your kids beetroot. The whole wheat flour contains fiber and beetroot itself has numerous amount of health benefits which can easily included in diet or breakfast recipes.
Isn’t that red color of paratha attracts you! Look at color! I mean I really love color and taste of course.
Indian flat breads especially parathas are very popular in any regions of India. As an Indian, I know there are lots of different curries available in different part of India. But flat breads and rice, more specifically, paratha binds all regions together.
When I started my blog, I always wanted to create some international recipes with local Indian ingredients. Besides, as my journey has been 3 years now, I found out the basics of Indian cooking is more interesting.
I never believed that I can make paratha recipe in so many different way. And now onwards I will share one dish which can be cooked using more than one ways. You can find my 4-ways section for more details.
There are more paratha recipes are available from my kitchen.
Now, This Beetroot paratha for babies is healthy one. You can cook beetroot paratha by simply adding beetroot pure to it. However, beetroot has some earthy flavor, which may bother you.
That’s the reason, I half way cook the beetroot before making pure and adding them into paratha flour. The ginger tastes awesome with beetroot and little touch of sesame seeds make it perfect breakfast recipe.
I cooked this beetroot paratha without stuffing; you can add it with aloo paratha stuffing.
Serve this beetroot paratha as breakfast or afternoon tea snacks or even for kid’s lunchbox. It goes best with some mango pickle or curd. I prefer it with tea also.
how to make beetroot paratha
Do not cut the beetroot, I suggest grate beetroot before cooking it.
Roast the ginnger and beetroot into oil.
Add salt and water to cook it for 4-5 minutes.
Then cook it and let it cool down, the grind beetroot to make smooth paste.
To knead the dough, use oil and sesame seeds.
Now add the beetorot paste and knead the dough. Add some (2-3 tbsp) water is needed.
Then roll out the paratha
Finally cook the paratha with oil and it’s ready to serve.
Avoid Mistakes At First Attempt of Making beetroot paratha
- I suggest for cooking beetroot, grate the beetroot as finely as possible, this will reduce the cooking time. Avoid chopping them.
- You can add some cumin seeds or cumin powder while cooking beetroots.
- While cooking the beetroot add salt for beetroot. And making dough add salt for flour. Be careful while adding salt.
- Give a rest for at least 10 minutes.
Beetroot Paratha | How To Make Beetroot Paratha Without Stuffing
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp oil
- 1 cup grated beetroot
- 1 tsp ginger paste (I prefer freshly grated)
- ½ tbsp sesame seeds
- salt to taste
- water as need to knead the dough
- Take 1 tsp oil (I have used sesame oil) into pan. Ones it heated add ginger paste and cook for half minute.
- Then add beetroot a give a nice stir. Then add salt and half cup of water. Now cover with lid and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Let it cool completely. Then grind it to smooth paste. Add 1-2 tbsp water if needed.
- Take flour into mixing bowl and add 1 tbsp oil, sesame seeds and beetroot paste.
- Knead the smooth dough and give rest for at least 10 minutes.
- Make small round ball form the dough. You can make 8-10 balls from this amount of flour.
- Take one flatten roll and dust it with some flour. Roll out round with rolling pin with double thickness than roti. use more flour for dusting if necessary.
- For cooking them, heat the tawa or griddle on gas, and place paratha into hot tawa. once it's half cooked, flip it on other side, apply some oil into cooked side, and flip it again. Apply oil on other side, and cook both the side until some brown or black marks appears.
2) beetroot paratha is best with aloo gobi as kid's lunchbox.
3) You can serve it with any dry curry recipe.
Welcome to Veggie Food Recipes! My name is Reena Vyas, former software engineer and now full time Food Blogger. My food blog is the highlight of my passion towards cooking. And by sharing healthy & vegetarian fusion of different cuisines I would like to contribute to the world of veggie food lovers…..!!!!!