Aloo Gobi Curry Recipe (also referred as Cauliflower Potato Curry) is best ever recipe from main course served with rice or roti. It is delicious dry vegetable curry sauteed with typical Indian spices and different combination of vegetables and also spruced up with common ingredients like ginger, green chilies and garlic.
Every kitchen in India has their own adaptation of Aloo Gobi curry and here is my thought on this great recipe among other Indian cauliflower recipes. In some part of India, this recipe utilize 2-3 flavor of spices and a few uses upwards of 7-10 types of herbs.
You can find another Masala okra dry recipe on the blog.
The most well-known spices, I always have on my spice-box, by 24/7 are turmeric powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, red chili powder, and the GARAM MASALA. You can find them any nearby Indian Grocery Shop. Nowadays all Top general stores in world offer these Indian spices in their specific aisle.
Cauliflower is very low in calories. Also, fresh cauliflower is a very good source of vitamin C and an excellent source of minerals. This recipe is quick and easy meal on those days when cauliflower season is at peak.
I make different combination of them very often. For this recipe I also have used pigeon pea (Tuver Dana) and tomatoes which widens the taste and add some lovely flavor to it. You can also add green peas or bell papers instead of pigeon pea. The Core to this dish is not to overcook anything. This is the easy aloo gobi masala dry recipe.
How to make Aloo Gobi Curry Recipe
Let’s start with basic ingredients like cauliflower and potatoes.
Heat the oil in skillet and add cumin seeds. Once it is started to crackle, add garlic paste.Then add tomatoes, and cover the skillet with lid, and let it cook for 2-3 minutes.
After tomatoes seems liitle cooked, add potato and cauliflower with SALT.
DON’T FORGET TO ADD SALT AT THIS STAGE.
let it cool for at least 15 minutes at law flame. stir 2-3 times in between, add half cup of water if vegetables are started to stick with pan.
Do not overcoook the vegetables.
at last add pigeon peas and basic spices.
Now your authentic Aloo gobi recipe is ready to serve.
Aloo Gobi Curry Recipe | Cauliflower Potato Curry -Authentic Indian Recipe
- 2 small potatoes (about 1 cups), cleaned, peeled and cut into ½ inch cubes
- 200 grams cauliflower cut into medium sized florets
- ⅓ cup green pigeon pea (tuver dana)
- 1 small tomato finely chopped
- 1½-2 tbsp oil
- ½ tbsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- ½ tbsp turmeric powder
- ¾ tbsp red chili powder (adjust according to taste)
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- salt to taste
- ½ tbsp garam masala (optional)
- 2-3 tbsp coriander leaves, finely chopped
- Boil the pigeon pea into pressure cooker. You can also boil them into microwave. Take microwave safe bowl, add pigeon pea, ½ cup of water, salt to taste and microwave it for 5 minutes. I prefer to cook them into microwave.
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds. When cumin seeds crackle add garlic paste into it.
- One you get aroma of garlic add finely chopped tomato, Sauté till it cooks perfectly. It will take around 3-4 minutes.
- Now time to add our main ingredients Aloo and Gobi. So add potato and cauliflower and ya add salt to taste at these stage.
- Cover the lid and let it cook for 15 minutes, stirring in between to make sure that vegetables don’t stick the bottom of the pan. Don’t forget that core of this recipe is not to overcook these vegetables.
- Let them cook perfectly. Finally add pigeon peas and give them a good stir.
- At last add spices, like turmeric powder, red chili powder as per your capacity to eat spiciness, coriander powder and garam masala.
- Mix them well and cook for 2-3 minutes. Switch of flame and add freshly squeezed lemon/lime juice. Garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves.
2) I serve it with Indian flat breads (Whole Wheat Naan) and it goes delicious with well famous jeera-rice
Simple, quick to make and totally delightful! I cherish it so much that I cook it once in a week some times more… So here is my recipe of the great Punjabi Aloo Gobi curry recipe and with it I offer farewell to summer and welcome winter. You can serve this with rotis, plain parathas, naan or steamed rice or jeera rice. Do make this yummy and full-seasoned sabzi and stay appetite and healthy.
Seems delicious, right…..!!!!! Why don’t you try it? 🙂
Welcome to Veggie Food Recipes! My name is Reena Vyas, former software engineer and now full time Food Blogger. My food blog is the highlight of my passion towards cooking. And by sharing healthy & vegetarian fusion of different cuisines I would like to contribute to the world of veggie food lovers…..!!!!!