Veggie Pizza quesadilla Recipe is the best fusion of Italian and Mexican Cuisines. So, how to make quesadillias which combines the pizza from Italy and quesadilla from Mexico. By mixing these two we got this cheesy, greasy, crispy-flat base pizza quesadilla recipe very tempting and unique fusion dish. And with these home-made tortilla sheets, I don’t think you need to looking for anything to try it now!!!
Below equation helps us renaming our easy quesadillas pizza recipe.
Pizza + Quesadilla = Pizzadilla.
So as we seen veggie pizza quesadillia is a fusion recipe of two different cuisine Italian and Mexican.
Pizza from Italian cuisine, Is there any Introduction is required? I am a huge fan of pizza… I always try to mix pizza with different recipes. Pizza Puff and Heart-shape Pizza is my twist of taste with pizza.
Quesadilla from Mexican cuisine may require some introduction. Generally, it is tortilla (flat bread) filled with cheese and savory mixture of vegetables, protein or beans and cooked on griddle. (You can share your quesadilla ideas as well 🙂 )
The best part of this recipe is I have made tortilla at home. This home-made tortilla recipe is also inspired by my love for Mexican cuisine
Tortilla can be made in two ways… Corn tortilla or Flour tortilla. You can find the different nutritional values at here.
Flour tortilla is made from all purpose flour. And corn tortilla made from corn flour or masa harina (Special corn flour from Mexico).
I have created corn tortilla using corn flour and some amount of all purpose flour. I tried with only corn flour, but they turned out horrible. So, from that experience, I have added some all purpose flour to modify the recipe.
Then, I lightly cooked them from both the sides. And corn tortilla are ready to use.
To create pizza quesadilla, I have used ready-made pizza sauce (I love pizza, so I always have some pizza sauce in my fridge…) To keep it simple, I have used some cheese and my favorite veggies.
Add some cheese (whichever you like!) and some seasoning like oregano, chili flax and some salt. Cover it with another tortilla.
And in skillet, cook it on both the sides. And cut into triangle shape and serve with some drink.
Avoid Mistakes At First Attempt of Making Veggie Pizza Quesadilla
- To make corn tortilla, use some amount of all purpose flour or wheat flour. It helps to binding and rolling the tortilla.
- Use enough sauce here, because we are using two tortilla. But you can also fold it half and then cook it.
- The amount of cheese and veggies can be varied according to your taste.
Veggie Pizza Quesadilla Recipe | How to make Quesadillas
- 1 cup corn flour
- 1 cup all purpose flour or wheat flour
- Salt to taste
- Water as required
- 1 large onion cut into dice
- 1 large green bell pepper cut into diced
- ½ cup pizza sauce
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp chili flexes
- 1 cup cheese
- butter to saute it
- Take both flour in a large bowl, add salt to taste. Create a soft dough by adding water.
- Roll out a medium flat tortilla form it. Due to corn flour, there are some creaks are there while you roll it. So, handle them gently. Dust some flour on rolling pad, before you roll it.
- Then in non-stick skillet (tawa), just roast it from both the sides. Keep the flame low.
- Let them cool and use it in recipe.
- Take tortilla, spread ready-made pizza sauce, then spread veggies you like. I used onion-capsicum(green bell pepper).
- Then spread the cheese whatever you like. Now, seasoning it with salt, oregano, chili flex as per your taste.
- Cover it with another tortilla and cook it on skillet. Apply butter on both the side, and cook on low flame.
- Cut then in four pieces like triangle shape. Serve hot.
2) Use veggies like corn, mushrooms, tomatoes, basils, pineapples.
3) Avoid veggie to make it margarita pizza quesadilla.
Try this easy quesadilla recipe at home. I am waiting for your feedback 🙂
Welcome to Veggie Food Recipes! My name is Reena Vyas, former software engineer and now full time Food Blogger. My food blog is the highlight of my passion towards cooking. And by sharing healthy & vegetarian fusion of different cuisines I would like to contribute to the world of veggie food lovers…..!!!!!