Veg Mayo Sandwich – A mayonnaise sandwich filled with veggies like cucumber, onion, tomato slices balanced with tangy mayonnaise dip made with mayo, tomato ketchup and chilli flax.
Vegetable sandwich recipes are so versatile, easiest to make and most importantly it is loved by people of all ages. Kids will never reject it; this is the best way to make habit for children to eat vegetables.
This egg less veg mayo sandwich recipe is also the best lunch-box recipe and most comfortable to carry during picnic or party. Mayonnaise itself has wonderfully creamy and tangy flavor and texture, but adding some tomato ketchup make it more savory and after adding some chili flax into that mixture, is the best mayo dip I ever have!!!
And when it team up with fresh and crunchy raw vegetables; gives the best ever vegetable mayonnaise sandwich recipe in your kitchen.
I used to make veg mayo sandwich as breakfast and brunch recipe. I always keep Green Pesto or Green Chutney in fridge as storage, but when I make it fresh, that day, I defiantly do some innovative different versions of vegetable sandwich recipes.
You can find 2-in-1 mashed potato and vegetable sandwich is my 3-tire jumbo sandwich recipe which is grilled version of famous Bombay sandwich recipe.
I did not use butter in this recipe, I tried with butter instead of green chutney. But butter is not taste good with mayo. So, now on-wards I will make this sandwich without butter. (It also helps me to reduce some fat!!!)
How to make veg mayo sandwich?
Take the bread slices; cut the edges of bread (it’s totally optional…)
Take one bread slice, spread the green pesto or green chutney and put the veggies one by one, I personally like more cucumber slices. 😉
Then in second slice spread the mayo mixture. Minimum it will need 1 tbsp spread and maximum, whatever you like…
Finally, assemble it, and cut into 4 triangles part. OMG! I could not wait to taste it, when I made my first sandwich, I ate it. Photography may wait … 🙂
Avoid Mistakes at First Attempt of Making Veg Mayo Sandwich
- Avoid the use of butter in this sandwich.
- You can also grill it. But if you want to grill sandwich then do not cut the edges of bread
- Lots of variation can also possible. You can also use finely chopped the veggies for grilled version.
Veg Mayo Sandwich
- 4 tbsp plain mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tsp chili flax
- 1 cucumber sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 8 bread slices
- ½ cup green cilantro pesto
- To make green cilantro pesto (green chutney) take 1 cup cilantro, ¼ cup mint leaves, salt, pepper, 1 tbsp lime juice, 1 green chili, small piece of ginger(optional) into food processor and grind them till smooth paste.
- Now, to make mayo dip, add tomato ketchup and chili flax into mayonnaise and stir well.
- Now take all the slices of bread and cut the edges from all the sides.
- Then take one slice and spread the green pesto. Put some slices of cucumber, onion and tomatoes
- Take one more slices of bread and spread that tangy mayonnaise dip. Around 1 tbsp dip is required.
- Then cover the veggies with mayo bread and cut into triangular shape. Your sandwich is ready to serve.
2) Some spicy potato chips make it complete lunch and dinner.
3) You can also serve drinks like pomegranate mint lime juice