Stir Fry Broccoli and rice is one of my favorite broccoli dish among other stir fry recipes. Stir Fry Broccoli is packed of so much flavor that everyone will forget how healthy it is and also full of veggies. It is vegan, gluten-free, loaded with healthy vegetables, protein and coated with flavored sauces. Even if you are veggie-resistant, you never say NO to this dish, if you take one bite of it.
You must use this stir fry broccoli recipe as an excuse to clean out your fridge or pantry and make with veggies available or with protein substitutes based on whatever you have.
There are so many substitute vegetables, like baby corn, green pea, cauliflower, cabbage, scallions that would be well balanced with this dish. I suggest to not to use root vegetables like potato or sweet potatoes. I found mushrooms also goes best with broccoli and especially other stir fry recipes.
The vegetables are coated with simple broccoli stir fry sauce, made with tangy soya sauce, hot chili sauce, sweet honey and gingery taste.
This stir fried broccoli reminds me of a very tempting recipe vegetable stir fried in barbecue sauce, I recently ate in my favorite restaurant, except with less oily and budget friendly.
I tried to give it Indian touch by adding paneer or cottage cheese into it. I am big fan of paneer and cheese while my hubby’s choice is totally opposite. So, I always get confused what to make from paneer so that both can actually like it. 🙁
You may wonder, why I have used honey with the other sauces, but trust me, it’s taste so delicious and changes the ordinary Chinese stir-fried recipe to more flavorful and well balanced.
Avoid Mistakes At First Attempt of Making Stir Fry Broccoli
- The main attraction of Stir fry dish is all vegetables tastes crunchy. They do not overcooked
- Do not boil the vegetable perfectly otherwise the crunchiness of all vegetables will spoil the main attraction of the dish.
- Always wash and drain all leafy vegetables thoroughly before using it for stir fry.
- You can vary the amount of chili sauce according to your taste of eating spicy.
- You can also add vinegar in this recipe. but if you use it, reduce the amount of soya sauce. I have used 2 tbsp of soya sauce in this recipe, if you use vinegar then quantity will be 1 tbsp vinegar and 1 tbsp soya sauce.
- Add onions and paneer at last. because onion will lost its crunchiness if you add it first.
Stir Fry Broccoli - Chinese Style
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 small carrot cut into julienne
- half green bell pepper (capsicum) into julienne
- 1 small onion sliced
- 50 gms french beans half cut
- 50 gms paneer or cottage cheese (or tofu for making vegan)
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp ginger finely chopped (not crushed or grated)
- 2 tbsp soya sauce
- 1 tbsp chili sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- ½ tbsp pepper powder
- salt to taste
- toasted sesame seeds for garnish
- Boil the water into large sauce pan for 10 minutes. Then boil the broccoli, beans and carrot for 5 minutes. Do not cook more.
- In small bowl, mix the soya sauce, chili sauce, pepper powder, honey and ginger.
- In skillet, heat the oil, add garlic and let it cool till it turns into golden brown.
- Then add green bell pepper and sauté for while. then add par boiled vegetables (broccoli, beans, carrot) and sauté for 2 minutes in high flame.
- After that add onion, paneer and salt and sauté for 2 minutes on high flame. You need to continuously stir the veggies.
- Finally add the sauce mixture and toss the vegetable for again 2 minutes on high flame. Then switch of the gas, and garnish with toasted sesame seeds and serve as warm with plain rice.
2) You can also serve it with garlic bread or simple plan rice.
So, did you like this healthy stir fry broccoli recipe?????? Give me your comments and stay tuned for more 🙂