Spicy Moroccan Carrot Salad is a mixed version of Indian and Moroccan salad with minced raw garlic. It is basically a spicy and healthy moroccan raw carrot salad. It can easily mix well with our Indian dishes or main courses. Mostly our Indian dishes aren’t limited to mains! They are full packed from varieties of pickles, buttermilk, papads, and sweets. This full meals also includes such salads.
Generally, we talk about salad recipe when we think about diet or weight loss, right??? Here, I am introducing salad which can be easily mixed up into our daily routine just to have raw vegetable in healthy and tasty ways. Basically salad can be served at any point during meal. For example, as an appetizer salad, side dish, main course salads, or even dessert salads. This spicy Moroccan Carrot Salad will present some fresh vegetables on your dish prepared less than 10 minutes with Indian touch. All the ingredients are pantry – friendly. I don’t know why this is not so popular as complement. But one bite of these sesame seed carrots with garlic paste, marinated with lemon and sesame oil will is simply awesome!!!
The Moroccon carrot salad with garlic dressing can be served as appetizer salad or as complement side dish. For this recipe you only need to prepare dressing. Here I have used, 1/2 tbsp of sesame oil for dressing, which you can very as per you taste but it’s also optional. The interesting thing about this recipe is, “It is very similar to Moroccan carrot salad”. I found this information while I was searching for garlic based dressing for salad. In twentieth century, most Europeans use carrots, in soups and stews, but not as raw ones. Moroccans brought carrot in salad as raw to Middle East and now its signature dish for mainly in Israel. Carrot with garlic, oil, lemon juice, salt and cumin is very flavor full dish and widely available in Middle East countries. This information is surprising to me as I enjoy this salad since my childhood!!!
Spicy Moroccan Carrot Salad With Garlic | Indian Moroccan Raw Carrot Salad
- 1 large carrot peeled and cut into evenly sized strips
- 3-4 garlic cloves minced
- ½ tbsp red chili powder
- salt to taste
- ½ tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tbsp sesame oil (optional)
- First you need to make dressing for salad. To make dressing in bowl, take minced garlic, red chili powder, salt, lemon juice. Mix them well.
- Now add carrot strips and add into dressing and stir well. Let it put aside for 5-7 minutes to marinate.
- Now it’s ready to serve. For garnishing sprinkle some red chili powder. You can also pour some oil to give it more taste.
- Black sesame seed give it perfect final garnish and give little crunch to it.
2) In India here red colored carrots are available. But you can use any types of carrot nearby you.
So, I can say this Indian – Moroccan version of garlic based carrot salad and it’s so tempting and flavorsome and also attractive. Try this at home and enjoy….. 🙂