Most of the time, green garlic tomato relish recipe is also referred as tomato garlic chutney recipe. When we talk about quick and easy dinner ideas, this is one of the easiest side dish or chutney which you can add to your menu. This recipe is slightly different then traditional tomato garlic chutney.
It is simple, spicy and quick chutney full of flavors and goes really well as a side dish along with your dinner. Even thought who doesn’t like the garlic smell would love this chutney. Making tomato garlic chutney is very easy and you even don’t need much time to prepare. It has perfect flavors of sweetness, spiciness and savory. This recipe is not only served as side dish but also has multiple uses. Here I also mention the multiple role of this recipe in another main course recipe.
Normally in India, winter is the season of mostly all green veggies. So here I am sharing very different version of very traditional and typical tomato garlic chutney, which can be served with main course. Usually we use this recipe to compliment the main course, but green garlic tomato relish can also be used as a gravy in other many Indian curries. YES, It’s kind of gravy, we can use it with any curry or sabji, dal recipe. It taste best with cauliflower sabji (curry), you just add 2 tbsp of this paste after preparing the sabji(curry) and see the magic! If you are fan of sandwiches recipes than, you can also use it as a spread on bread too and top it with veggies and cheese and enjoy it as a sandwich.
Another quick use, you can just enhance taste of very famous Indian street food – Pav Bhaji using this relish. After cooking bhaji, add 2-3 tbsp of garlic tomato relish, and mix it well, and YOU ARE DONE…..!!!!!
This is quick and easy 15 minutes recipe which will also give you a multi-purpose secret ingredient to enhance the taste of other recipes. This is the best example of an ingredient which you can store in your fridge and use it later as a sauce or chutney.
Quick and Easy Green Garlic Tomato Relish Recipe| Tomato Garlic Chutney Recipe
- 50 gm green garlic
- 1 big tomato
- 1 tbsp red chili powder
- ¼ tbsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 1 tbsp cumin powder
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp sugar (optional)
- First wash green Garlic and let it dry or you can also clean them with kitchen towel
- Remove the bad leaves from green garlic and, chop it with its leave
- Also wash fresh tomato and chop it finely
- In a pan heat 1 tbsp oil, add finely chopped tomato, cook it for 2 minutes. Keep your eyes on it so it doesn't get overcooked
- After our tomato pieces slightly fried, add chopped green garlic, red chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, salt and sugar to the mixture
- Cook the mixture for 5 minutes on medium heat
- Just 15 minutes of total cooking time and it is ready to serve.
Yummy, it seems so mouthwatering….. Isn’t it? 🙂