Instant Red chilli pickle – Instant Pickle made from red chillies marinated in mustard seeds and flavoured with fennel seeds. You can find quickest red pickle recipe from fresh red chillies. This is traditional Indian chilli pickle recipe.
For those who love the hotness of spices in pickles, red chilli pickle recipe will be a dream come true. It’s hot red color make it more attractive to use it in daily retinue.
Pickles or achaar are the only one recipe that is included into daily retinue in almost every Indian’s home. In India, every state has unique pickle recipes in their recipe diary. But the major drawback is pickles can be made once in year or once in seasons. Cook once in year, and store it for whole year!!!
Everyone loves pickles. But when it is turn to make it in your kitchen, you always finds the way to avoid it.
The good news is making the pickles at home is not as scary as it sound. And if I say,
Only 15 minutes, and your pickle is ready. I am sure; you defiantly want to read more about this post!!!
Pickles always have some tangy, savoury, spicy taste. So, you cannot leave without it once you are habituated…
This instant red chilli pickle is also make you habituate and you can easily make it home.
Aren’t these Red chilies looking hotter than ordinary green chillies!!! I love the color and spiciness of red chillies so much that. I am literally fall in love with red chillies. And they only available during winter 🙁 very sad!
But my pickle jar is full with this red chilli pickle during entire winter season. Try this luscious pickle recipe by spending just 15 minutes…
To make Instant red chilli pickle, please, please, please, use only fresh red chillies. I suggest that, go in market, take fresh red chillies, come back home, wash them, wipe them and make this pickle instantly. Cut some chillies and de-seed it. And then make pieces if it.
To make pickle masala, in another bowl, take just 5 ingredients mustered seeds, fennel seeds, salt, oil and pinch of lemon juice.
Then add red chilli pieces into pickle masala, mix them and that’s simple, fill into pickle jar… give some rest to let it marinate for 2-3 hours. You pickle is ready to eat.
You can store it for 1 week. For lunchbox, this red chilli pickle and paratha is the best! Sometimes for heavy breakfast, this pickle tastes best with aloo parahta or any stuffed parathas.
Avoid Mistakes at First Attempt of Making Instant Red Chilli Pickle
- Use only fresh red chillies to make this pickle.
- Store it into air tight container for not more than 7 days.
- you cannot use green chillies for this recipe
- You can add hot oil in this recipe; this will help to preserve it more than 7 days. But after some days, these red chillies become too soft and soggy so that taste of this pickle is ruined. So, try to consume it within 7 days.
Instant Red Chilli Pickle
- 100 gm fresh red chillies
- 3 tbsp mustard seeds (in lentil form)/ rai na kuriya
- 1 tbsp fennel seeds, saunf
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp salt
- 5-6 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Wash the fresh red chillies and wipe them with kitchen towel.
- De-seeds them and Cut them lengthwise.
- In separate bowl, mix the mustard seeds, fennel seeds, salt, turmeric powder, lemon juice and 2 tbsp oil.
- Add the red chillies into this mixture and stir well.
- Take a pickle jar, and fill it with this red chilli pickle. Pour remaining oil into jar and let it rest for 2-3 hours.
- After 3 hours, your pickle is ready to serve.
2) Serve with any Indian thali as side dish
3) This also goes best with paratha, naan and roti.
4) You can use it in lunchbox with paraths. It gives best combination with gujarati khichadi or thepla...