It’s Salad time! Potato Chips Salad with homemade potato chips and all time favorite salad ingredients: Tomato, Onion and Carrot. Can you imagine healthy salad with your ordinary crunchy potato chips? This tangy, crunchy, healthy and easy salad made from all time favorite snacks potato chips.
You might be thinking that, oh! Not again that raw green leafy vegetables and some mild dressing again… But to make this salad as light healthy dinner option, I have used not only raw vegetables but also crunchy crispy homemade potato chips.
And during summer, when you are less hungry at dinner time. Just have this delicious potato chips salad with Kiwi Lemonade or Watermelon Smoothie. I promise you, it would be a best choice for light and healthy dinner.
During evening, around 6-7 p.m. you always feel a bit hunger. At that time you find potato chips packet on your pantry. And when you open it, I am sure, there is no break until you would finish whole packet.
But you definitely ruined your dinner plan and also your diet 🙁 .
So, If you can turn that chips into healthy dinner salad, then why eating junk of whole damn chip packet! Keep it simple but super healthy.
This potato chips salad will help you at this moment. I always make some chips into interesting salad and everyone always find yummy. If salad is not yummy than everyone in my family always reject it, [ including me 😉 ]
So, it’s always challenge for me, how do I make it healthy as well as tasty and yummy. Monaco Biscuit Canapés is also a my evening time creation for simple dinner options.
Everyone loves fried snacks. But you cannot make daily habit to have it as breakfast or tea time snacks. So, chaats and salad recipes are the best options and it also take less time to prepare.
Avoid Mistakes At First Attempt of Making Potato Chips Salad
- You can use ready-made potato chips in this recipe (homemade potato chips gives additional taste to it.)
- To make best potato chips, put the them into iced cold water for 15 minutes after slicing. Or you should put chips into refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- To fry it, let the oil hot on high flame. Once you put chips into oil, turn flame to law. Otherwise you lost its crispiness.
- You can also add some fruits like diced red apple or green apple or orange segments.
Homemade Potato Chips Salad Recipe
- 100 gm potato chips (fried or baked)
- 1 large tomato
- 1 small onion
- carrot strips
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- ½ tbsp tomato ketchup
- Cut the tomato into big diced pieces, cut the onion into julienne. Using peeler make a stripes of carrots as per your taste.
- Take one or 2 large potato and make a slices of it. Put them on salted water in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Fry them on low flame. You can also used ready-made chips (salty lays)
- In a small bowl, add mayonnaise and tomato ketchup very well.
- In serving dish, put the onion and tomatoes at middle, and chips all around the plate. Now add salt and pepper, and at top put the 1 tbsp of mayonnaise dressing. You can use carrot strips according to your taste.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
2) You can also replace mayo with hung curd.
I am sure, this homemade potato chips salad recipe will definitely inspired you to love salad more than those fried snacks options. 🙂