How to make best Mexican Veggie Tacos ever? Let me introduce a delicious, tempting and very easy recipe to make best veggie tacos with spicy kidney beans filling. Vegetarian Tacos is a traditional food wrap. Normally, vegetarian taco ingredients like vegetables, re-fried beans, salsa, sour cream and cheese are used in such meatless taco recipes.
I am very mad about Mexican food. I usually choose veggie options in nachos, tacos, quesadilla and salsa while dinning at any restaurant. In my city, ready-made tacos are hardly available. So most of the time I choose to make it at home. Usually people prefer Mexican veggie tacos with black beans. But here, I tried stuffing with Red kidney beans along with home-made tacos. The crunchy taco shell contrasting with the mixture of soft filling ingredients is relished and enjoyed by all age groups. And the rich filling of vegetables makes it more healthy. Tacos can be served nicely as appetizers with small taco shells or as a main meal with larger taco shells.
Here, I fry my tacos, but you can bake it as well. For that heat taco sheet for 10 seconds, spread a bit of oil on one side of it, now on grill rack, sheet over two rows of grill rack. Bake it for 7-10 minutes until you find tacos seem crispy. But if you fry your tacos, you can store them for 2 weeks. You can always change the filling by choosing other vegetables or type of sauces. Your friends will love this if you invite them for a party and serve this recipe with different other recipes.
Healthy Mexican Veggie Tacos with Spicy Kidney Beans
- 100 gm corn flour
- 50gm wheat flour
- 1 tbsp oil
- salt to taste
- oil to fry
- 100 gm red kidney beans soaked overnight and boiled
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup onion finally chopped
- 2 tbsp green pepper finally chopped
- 2 tomatoes blanched
- salt to taste
- 2 tbsp red chili powder / 1 tbsp chili flakes
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp chili sauce
- ½ cup cabbage or lattice
- ½ cup green pepper or capsicum
- ½ cup shredded cheese
- salsa deep for complement
- You can not only use Corn flour as it is very hard to roll out tacos from it. In a large Bowl take corn flour, wheat flour, add oil and salt and mix them well. Using around 1 cup water, make a little tight dough.
- Meanwhile heat oil to fry tacos.
- Make medium balls from dough and roll out into 5-7 inches diameter flat base tacos with a rolling pin.
- Put one taco into oil let them half fry and give 'U' shape by tong. Make you flame at low heat. You need to handle by tong until color turn out golden brown. Prepare all others by same.
- You need to roughly mash red kidney beans.
- Take blanched tomatoes into grinder, and make rough pure of them.
- In a pan, heat oil, add minced garlic and onion together. Let cook onions for 2 minutes, add green pepper. Let both cook completely, meanwhile using spatula lightly mash this mixture.
- Now add red kidney beans, tomato pure, salt, red chili powder, and sugar. Cook for another 2 minutes.
- Switch off flame and at the end add chili sauce.
- Take taco shell; fill it with 2-3 tbsp of stuffing. At top garnish with cabbage, capsicum, and shredded cheese. Here I have used mozzarella cheese .You can use cotija cheese or Mexican cheese.
2) I have served with salsa. You can serve with cheese deep or tomato ketchup.
3) Sour cream is best substitute for cheese in this recipe.
You can enjoy your Mexican Veggie Tacos as lunch, dinner or brunches. 🙂