Easy Vegan Date Roll Recipe -These Vegan Date rolls glutton-free, sugar free, healthy, diabetic friendly and my grandmother’s recipe. You can include it into sugar free energy bar recipes.
Every year, during winter season, most probably on Christmas, you must find this no bake energy bar in my kitchen! I and my mom used to make this vegan date rolls together.
Now, prepare your mind to be blown. Homemade energy bar with 3 major benefits:
No cooking, No sugar, No measurements.
I am huge fan of desserts made from nuts, chocolates and especially when they are healthy and energy bars. Who don’t like taste and health together???
My father-in-low has diabetic problem. He also loves desserts like me, but he has very limited options. I am always in search of low sugar desserts or sugar-free desserts or natural sugar alternatives. And dates are main source of natural sugar.
So we used to make dates recipes. This recipe is from my grandmother’s. She used to make energy bar by adding nuts into dates. I have given some modern touch by making rolls from it.
How to make Easy Vegan Date rolls:
This is the easiest recipe and very beginner’s level cook can also make it because no cooking, no measurements are required.
You need to take around 250 gm seedless dates and grind them into grinder till it become smooth paste, if required add 1 tbsp butter (vegan butter for vegan recipe) to mix it well.
Now take same amount of nuts… you can use any nuts as per your taste. Only peanuts also taste good. You can combine almonds, cashews, peanuts, walnuts, pistachio, or hazelnuts and many more dry fruits as per your taste.
Grind them well. And add 2 -3 tbsp (vegan) butter or ghee or coconut oil to bind all nuts together.
Then, take dates mixture, make a ball and in plastic sheet, roll out till its half inch thickness. Now, cover it with nut mixture and press them gently through hand and cover the date’s layer with nut layer.
Now roll out the like cinnamon roll by pressing it tightly. Then cover he roll with plastic wrap and put it into freezer for 10 minutes so you can cut the pieces well.
Now cut the slices and your vegan date rolls are ready to eat. You can cover it with poppy seeds or with desiccated coconut. This is optional.
Avoid Mistakes at First Attempt of Making Vegan Date Rolls
- Use the seedless and juicy dates. Do not use dry dates.
- You can very amount of dry fruits as per your taste. If you not strict to sugar-free recipe, then you can add some condensed milk into dry fruits.
- You can cut them into bars and also it tastes good same as roll shape
Easy Vegan Date Roll Recipe | Sugar- free and Gluten-free Dessert Recipe
- 250 gm seedless dates
- 200 gm chopped or grind nuts (peanuts, walnuts, cashews, almonds) you can use any nuts you like
- 1 tbsp vegan butter
- Remove the seeds of dates of you have used seeded dates. Then add dates into grinder, and grind till smooth paste. Add 1 tbsp (vegan) butter or ghee for proper mixing.
- Now take nuts those you want to use into recipe. I have used peanuts, walnuts, almonds, cashews. You can roast them also.
- Place them into grinder and grind it. Now add 2-3 tbsp (vegan) butter and make crumby texture like dates mixture.
- Now take plastic surface, and take date mixture into it, roll out to flat half inch thickness.
- Cover the surface with of date with nuts mixture. Gently press the mixture onto dates.
- Now roll out flat surface and make roll out of it. Handle with care by pressing every roll.
- Then let the roll rest for 10 minutes into freezer.
- Then, cut the roll by slicing it by half inch thick pieces.
- Your energy date rolls are ready to serve.