Easy Tomato Soup Recipe with no onion and no garlic – This easiest tomato soup recipe is super tangy and cooked without garlic and onion. It is very simple, without any fancy items, just use ingredients available in your kitchen.
Tomato soup recipe is always available in any type of restaurant either Punjabi or Chinese or continentals. Some restaurants really make good quality of tomato soup. But now-a-days you can find ready-made packets of soup. But I hate ready-made soup. Even I don’t like ready-made food packets.
In winter, I always try to add soup in weekly menu. In my family, we all like soup with rice especially, so always try to make it complete meal instead of starter. Strange!!! When I tried Mixed Bean Soup in the Mexican way, everyone was looking for rice with it… I didn’t make rice!!!
This tomato soup is my mother’s recipe. She do not like garlic in any soup, so she always make tomato soup without onion and garlic. And that is totally new for me because I never imagine tomato soup without garlic. But, when, I have tasted this tomato soup, I am astonished by this recipe. And trust me you will defiantly love it.
My tomato soup recipe is also there for people who do fasting regularly. So, you have this option open during fasting days… And for Jain tradition (the people who do not eat onion and garlic) this is super easy recipe.
How to make Tomato soup without onion and garlic
The main ingredient is Tomato. I suggest use fresh ripe tomato instead of savory unripe tomato. Boil the tomatoes till they become tender and you can peel them easily.
Then using blender, blend it, make puree of it then strain it to remove seeds and bits of skins. Add ginger – chili paste in puree.
Then it time for tempering. Take some ghee and oil (you can also use butter), add all spices and add tomato puree and let it simmer for while, you can avoid dry spices like (turmeric powder, red chili powder and coriander powder).
And finally your soup is ready to serve. Serve hot as starter or like us enjoy it with rice. 🙂
This soup has very light consistency rather than ordinary soups, because I do not have used any thickening agent like cream or corn starch. The texture is like Rasam (North Indian recipe).
Avoid Mistakes at First Attempt of Making this easy Tomato Soup Recipe
- Boil the tomatoes till they become tender and we can easily remove the skins of them.
- You can also add beetroot in this recipe to make it healthier. To add them boil beetroot pieces with tomatoes and blend with tomato puree.
- This soup may taste more tangy but you can balance the tanginess with amount of sugar.
- You can also add some boiled green peas into this soup. While the soup is simmering, add the boiled green peas to make it tastier.
Easy Tomato soup Recipe | No onion No garlic Recipe
- 500 gm tomatoes
- 2 cup water
- 1 tbsp green chilli paste
- 1 tbsp ginger paste
- 1 tbsp ghee /butter
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ tsp cinnamon powder
- ½ tsp clove powder
- Some curry leaves
- Pinch of Asafoetida / hing
- Salt to taste
- 3 tbsp sugar, adjust according to your taste
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp red chilli powder
- Fresh coriander leaves to garnish
- Wash the tomatoes. Boil the tomatoes for 10 minutes. You can also use pressure cooker. Just make 2 whistles to boil the tomatoes.
- Then peel tomatoes and add them into mixture jar. And blend till they become puree.
- Then strain the puree to remove seeds and the bits of skins.
- Now transfer adds green chilli paste and ginger paste.
- Heat the ghee and oil into sauce pan. Add the cumin seeds, Asafoetida/hing, bay leaf, cinnamon powder, clove powder and some curry leaves.
- Then add tomato puree with turmeric powder, red chilli powder, salt and sugar and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- If you like more thicker, and let it cook more 5 minutes.
- After switch off the flame, you can add 2 tbsp fresh cream. This is optional.
2) You can also serve this soup with rice. It tastes so good with plain steamed rice.