I made this easy and delicious Dahi Papdi chaat with Homemade Papdi recipe. The step by step photos of Dahi Papdi Chaat will surly attract you to try and make street food at home. The street food never complete without chaat! Among all chaat recipes, papdi chaat is everyone’s favourite.
With The freshness of green chutney and sweetness of date-tamarind chutney drizzled on a layers of Papdi and some potatoes, remind a sweet, tangy, savoury dish, but still finished with yogurt and crunchy sev.
This party- appealing and now-a-days hearty included into wedding menu, just need to assemble if you have Papdi made earlier. If you want to throw a party, than Dahi Papdi Chaat recipe will please the every age of guests. And undoubtedly, in wedding, if you find chaat counter, you might never miss that.
For every mood, there is a Food.
Here, you will get two recipes, that Fried Crispy Papdi and using it I created Dahi Papdi Chaat.
To make Papdi at home, you just required your love about food. Yes, because it is so easy to make and store. Even that crispy papdi itself is best evening snack with cup of tea.
You need all purpose flour, salt, carom seeds, cumin seeds, oil. I have use all purpose flour (Maida) + whole wheat flour for making the dough.
Give a shape like very small rounds using some mod or small bottle cap. And just fry them. So, simple and crispy Indian tacos 😉
Let the cool light golden brown colour of crispy papdi. Then you can store them in air-tight container for at least 15 days. If you want to make it more healthy and nutritious, you can also bake it.
You need four type of chutneys for this Chaat.
- Green chutney (coriander chutney)
- Sweet chutney (date-tamarind chutney)
- Red chutney (garlic chutney)
- Curd or yogurt
In the street papdi chaat recipe, only potatoes are there, but I also added some boiled chickpea to make it more healthy and to balance the crunch of papdi.
When it comes to plating, It’s all about your choice. The first layer of papdi and top with some boiled potato and chickpea, then add all chutneys as per your taste. At last give freshness with some coriander leaves and crunchy sev.
At shop, I found some interesting story about chaat, girls always ask for more spicy chutney the Red chutney. And after eating hot and spicy chaat, they asked for some pastry or chocolate. So double the treat!!!
Adjust the amount of chutney according to your taste, and make your own plate of papdi chaat with happy face at home.
Avoid Mistakes At First Attempt of Making Dahi Papdi Chaat
- Once you fry the papdi, let it cool completely then use for making the chaat
- You create Red chutney , in mortal- pestle, make paste of garlic, add some red chilli powder. Then take out the garlic chutney in bowl and some 4-5 tbsp water and pinch of salt.
- Green chutney recipe is the same as Magical Green Sauce recipe.
- Sweet chutney (date- tamarind chutney) recipe is available in Basket Chaat Recipe
- Once you assemble the dish, immediately serve it.
Dahi Papdi chaat with Homemade Papdi
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp carom seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- ½ tsp black pepper powder
- 1 tbsp oil
- Oil for deep frying
- 1 cup boiled potatoes chopped
- 1 cup boiled chickpea
- 1 large tomato finely chopped
- 1 cup green chutney (coriander chutney)
- 1 cup sweet chutney (date-tamarind chutney)
- ¼ cup red chutney (Garlic chutney)
- ½ cup curd or yogurt
- ½ cup fresh coriander leaves
- 1 cup sev
- 1 tsp chaat masala
- Mix the all dry ingredients (all propose flour, whole wheat flour, salt, carom seeds, slightly crushed cumin seeds, pepper powder)
- Add little oil and mix it into flour. Add water and knead the dough. Make it little hard, not more soft. Cover with some kitchen towel and give a rest for 20 minutes.
- Then knead it again, and roll it in flat roti. Using some cutter or mold, cut the round shapes from that flat rolled dough.
- Take out that round shape papdi in some plate. Use that extra dough to make another rolled flat roti.
- Same ways make all papdis. Heat the oil in frying pan. And fry all small round papdi at medium flame. Fry till it get light golden brown colour.
- Let it cool completely and then use for chaat.
- In serving plate, first make layer of papdi, and top with some potatoes and chickpeas.
- Sprinkle some chaat masala on potate and chickpea.
- Spread green chutney, sweet chutney, red chutney and curd according to your taste.
- Then add tomatoes and again sprinkle some chaat masala.
- At last garnish with fresh coriander leaves and sev.
- Serve immediately.
2) Red chutney is optional. You can make green chutney more spicy and avoid the red chutney