Broccoli Peanuts Pesto is a pretty new trial from my side. If I say pesto, you would assume it as a chutney or dip? That’s ok. But pesto made from from broccoli and peanuts??? It sounds different, right? Pesto from broccoli and peanuts was a big successful experiment in my kitchen last week.
Honestly speaking, last week was somehow lucky for me. I did lots of experiments with some new ingredients like broccoli, chocolates and so many combinations of them.
Broccoli is very new vegetable for me. I never cook from it. So you know, what was the first thing I did with broccoli? I just tasted it raw. I want to find how it tastes like. Its taste is mild then cauliflower. It was very interesting.
According to human nature, when we don’t like to eat anything, but it’s good for our health, we always find some ways to hide it within our dish. It may be vegetables in wrap, patties in burger or sandwiches, in pesto or sauce or chutney. I did the same. 🙂
I found broccoli very healthy vegetable. It is very good source of folic acid, potassium, vitamins and powerful antioxidant. So how can I ignore to add it in my menu! That’s why, I have created this very different pesto or chutney that is super nutritious and delicious.
This broccoli pesto can be used in so many recipes. You can create hundreds of recipes from it. For Example,
- Spaghetti in broccoli pesto
- Sautéed vegetables with broccoli pesto
- Potatoes stir fry in broccoli pesto
- Simply use it as dip by adding cheese
- Use as spread in sandwich
And the list goes on….
Broccoli Peanuts Pesto Recipe
- 1 cup broccoli florets (around 150 gm)
- 1 tbsp peanuts
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 green chili (i prefer the spicy one)
- 10-12 mint leaves
- ¼ cup olive oil
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp cumin powder
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- In large sauce pan boil the water and then add broccoli and salt. Boil it for 8-10 minutes and drain all water. Immediately add broccoli into cold water for 1 minute and drain it. If it is still warm let it be cool at room temperature.
- Now take all the ingredients (broccoli, peanuts, garlic, mint leaves, salt, and cumin powder) except oil into food processor. Make a paste of all ingredients.
- Now take out the pesto into bowl or storage container and add lemon juice and oil, mix them well. Pesto is ready to use.
2) You can add basil or cilantro into this recipe.
3) Add cheese if you like, but add cheese when you want to serve it. if you want to store it, at that time avoid cheese.
Avoid Mistakes on first attempt of making Broccoli Peanuts Pesto
- I failed first time when I made this. Because I have added more amount of peanuts to this. So use only 1 tbsp or 8-10 peanuts in this recipe otherwise it taste bad.
- Spiciness of this pesto is up to you. I prefer green chili (spicy one) for this pesto. But you can add black pepper powder to adjust the taste.
- For storage, you required airtight container, add pesto into it, and cover the surface with oil, this will preserve its taste and color.
So, how you are going to use broccoli peanuts pesto in your menu? I am waiting for your new recipes form this pesto. 🙂
Welcome to Veggie Food Recipes! My name is Reena Vyas, former software engineer and now full time Food Blogger. My food blog is the highlight of my passion towards cooking. And by sharing healthy & vegetarian fusion of different cuisines I would like to contribute to the world of veggie food lovers…..!!!!!